BCIP/NBT 1-Component AP Membrane Substrate (SUBB) is a ready-to-use formulation containing BCIP(5-bromo-4-Chloro-3′-Indolyphosphate p-Toluidine Salt) and NBT (Nitro-Blue Tetrazolium Chloride) in a mildly alkaline buffer.
SUBB is useful for immunoblotting applications where alkaline phosphatase-conjugated molecules are used for detection. NBT serves as the oxidant and BCIP is the AP substrate. SUBB reacts with AP yielding a dark blue reaction product.
Bulk volumes are available upon request.
1. Allow product to equilibrate to room temperature (25°C) prior to use.
2. Completely cover the membrane surface with the substrate. The substrate will react with phosphatase creating a purple-blue reaction product.
3. To stop the reaction, rinse the developed membrane with distilled water.
4. For best results, the reaction should be monitored and read before the background staining becomes too intense to distinguish from the positive staining.
• Supplied at: 1X
• Storage: 2-25°C protected from light